Overwhelmed by the problems of the world? Poverty, hunger, homelessness, violence… it can be too much to think about. But there is a new opportunity for you to solve a piece of the puzzle. The Lake County Haven invites you to Adopt-A-Night!
Every night of the year, women and children who have nowhere else to go come to the Lake County Haven seeking food, warmth, safety, and guidance. Now you have the power to provide that for them.
By adopting one or more of the 365 nights available each year, you will provide sanctuary and sustenance for a local family. Our goal is to find a sponsor for each night of the year.
By adding your name to the Lake County Haven’s Adopt-ANight calendar, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are giving life-saving and life-changing services to some of our most vulnerable community members. You can adopt as many nights as you like and in any combination you wish. Adopt your favorite holiday, your birthday, or your anniversary. Adopting a loved one’s birthday or anniversary is a thoughtful gift to offer them!
The cost to Adopt-A-Night is $478. However, due to special underwriting during the first year of this program, you can adopt any night in 2013 for only $239!
We know that your desire to take part in this initiative stems from wanting to save lives and change lives. But the Adopt-A-Night program is designed to do even more with your donation. Unless you tell us otherwise, your gift will be communicated to other potential adopters. By doing this, your donation will serve as a model of compassion and community involvement. Thus, your gift will encourage others to give. And that is how we can change the world!
Your gift will be highlighted in the following ways:
- Your name will be prominently displayed at the shelter as the patron of that night.
- You will be named in ads that will appear in the Pioneer Press regularly.
- Your donation will be celebrated in our newsletter, which is distributed to over 5,000 homes and businesses in Lake County.
- Your gift will be included in all press releases about the Adopt-A-Night program.
- Your donation will be profiled on our webpage. If you give us a link to your business, personal, or club webpage, we will also display that link.
- Your gift will be highlighted on our Twitter & Facebook pages. Please “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter so that others can see your commitment to the community.
- You will get an acknowledgement letter suitable for framing. Please hang it at your workplace to encourage others to become adopters.
We sincerely hope that you will participate in this new program and adopt a night, or two, or three! Please click on the blue banner below and you will be directed to our secure giving page. On behalf of the many women and children whose lives will be saved and changed through your generous gift: Thank You! ♥